Well, after another 4 weeks of no internet access I am finally back online. Honestly, I felt like I was in the stone age. It's amazing how much my life revolves around the internet, especially Etsy.com.
I have also finally started making things again after moving. I made my first batch of cold process soap the other day, so watch for cold process soap in my etsy store in about 4 weeks. I've also started making bags again. I have almost finished my first one and shall post pics as soon as it is done.
I have lots of exciting things planned for the second half of this year. My website is in the process of totally being redone. I am adding a shopping cart and you will be able to purchase items there that you won't be able to get at my Etsy shop. I will also be publishing all sorts of information on my website. Anyway, I'm real excited about it all.
I'll share more information and the days go by so be sure to check back often.
I finally finished the headband/ear warmer that I made from Shunklie's yarn. I am very happy with the way it turned out. I had just enough yarn. I think I have like 5" or so left.
I will be listing it in my Etsy shop eventually. I need to find a model to model it for me.
The above is a felt bag I have made. I have yet to put handles on it. This was an experiment. I haven't done much felting in the past but am finding it very enjoyable, and very addictive. I find I think about what can I felt next a lot. My plan was to work on a bowl today, but I have run out of energy so I think I might just continue spinning.
I will be listing more items in my Etsy shop in the coming days.
I once again have to move. Because of lots of reasons, I have fallen behind in rent and other bills. The real estate agent has already brought two lots of people through the house, one just now and one yesterday. I think this place will go really quickly. It's such a nice house at such a good price. So tomorrow I will get stuck into packing again.
Okay, seems like I am "it" thanks to esta sketch. Here are the rules:
1.List seven random facts/habits about yourself
2.Choose another seven bloggers to tag and list their names in your blog
3.Leave your seven tagged bloggers comments to notify them of their tagging and to direct them to your blog for tag instructions.
1. With my craft I am mostly self-taught. I have only had lessons in quilting and jewellery making. I decided jewellery making wasn't for me, I didn't enjoy it much (although I have a huge stash of beads). My Mum taught me to spin, my granny taught me to knit, other than that I either learnt at school or learnt from books and just trying stuff.
2. I love coffee. A lot. I probably drink too much, but I guess in a way it's my way of self medicating. I suffer from chronic depression and headaches/migraines, and the caffine seems to help.
3. I wear lip balm when I go to bed. I breath through my mouth and find my lips get really dry during the night. The lip balm definately helps.
4. I love camping and bushwalking/hiking. My parents used to take us when we were teenagers. We lived not far from the Blue Mountains so it was a regular thing for use to go camping in the mountains and go bushwalking. I always enjoyed that, and it's one of my favourite childhood memories.
5. There's two kids in my family, I'm the eldest and my brother is younger. He's 18 months younger than me. I've always called him "The Brain on Legs". He is a high school maths teacher in Brisbane. He's married, no kids. His wife is an English/Drama teacher.
6. I love animals. Always had. I've had numerous cats over the years, a couple of dogs and a rabbit. I currently have two cats. They have kept me sane. I would love to have a bunny rabbit again, but I am particuarly interested in an Angora bunny because of my spinning.
7. Last one. I collect anything and everything with sheep on it. I guess because I am a spinner/knitter, and I have a fondness for sheep as well. My grandparents used to have a sheep property and I spent a lot of time there as a child. I loved watching the sheep, helping at shearing time and also during lambing season. I would honestly have a real sheep if I could.