Thursday, January 25, 2007

Finally Updating My Blog

I really hate it when I get so far behind with my blog. I've been trying to post every day but it hasn't been happening. I was unwell for a few days and that threw me completely out of kilter. And then my shoulder's been playing up as well so I've been trying to stay off the computer as much as possible. So, here's the update. And I'll try to do better.


I recently bought Barbara Randle's book "Crazy Quilting With Attitude". It's a great book and I made something using some of the techniques that same day. That's really unusual for me, but I was so inspired by the projects and techniques in this book that I just had to make something straight away. So I made this bag.

It was lots of fun to make. I love crazy quilting anyway, but don't have the patience to sit there are hand embroider every seam as is traditionally done. I was able to use some of the fancy stitches on my machine. I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. You can see more details on my Etsy shop.

On another note, I have shut down the supplies part of my business due to my advertising being stuffed up by one of the biggest magazine companies in Australia who shall remain nameless. I have cancelled the advertising (although I think they have ignored my fax) and will be selling the supplies that I have on hand through my Etsy shop at cost or less. So keep an eye out for supplies to be appearing regularly on my shop.

We had a bit of drama here in the last week or so. Twice in the last week the water mains has blown outside my house. We currently are using water from our neighbours place (they have a big black hose going from their place to ours) so we have water. The council are going to replace some of the pipes so they don't blow again. It's supposed to happen in the next 7 days. It's going to be interesting because the landlord has the house up for sale and their is an open house here on Saturday, with a big black hose travelling over the fence. Lots of fun.

But life is good. Even though I am busy, I am feeling content with my life. I am looking forward to what this year has to offer.

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Great to see you back in blogland. Sorry you've been unwell, but lovely to see you've been inspired to get creative and share with us again :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Love the purse!! Isn't it fun to use those decorative stitches on your sewing machine? I have 99 stitches on mine and I usually use about 7 of them!

What a bummer about your shoulder and your water situation! :-{ Hopefully they will both be cleared up soon.
Smiles, Karen