Thursday, February 01, 2007

Featured Artist - NoraLynneDesigns

Have you ever wanted a unique piece of jewellery for a special outfit? Perhaps something like this:


Well, LauraLynneDesigns at Etsy.com might be the shop for you.


1. Name: Nora Lynne Rogers

2. Etsy Shop: NoraLynneDesigns.etsy.com

3. How did you start creating your artwork? Like most art-minded, it started when I was a kid. Instead of playng outside or watching cartoons, I was always holed up in my room playing with modeling clay, chunky bead, stained glass kits- anything I could get my hands on. Making things became a habit for me, and as I got older I learned to love the functionality of many of my pieces. Instead of paying for jewelry, I could make my own and then not only was I wearing something pretty, but I was wearing a symbol of pride.

4. How do you describe your style? Eclectic. I hate making the same things over and over, which is why most of my stuff is one-of-a-kind. And I love playing with colors, so that gives a lot of versatility to what I can do. I love being able to have any woman come up to me, and in the end walk away with something she loves.

5. What other types of artwork would you like to try? All of them! Seriously, the polymer clay was my most recent venture and now I am stepping into acrylic painting and photography. In the future I see PMC, and cold porcelain clay. Maybe I'll even step into the past and do a little decoupage.

6. What are the primary ways you promote your business? I promote both my website and Etsy shop through LiveJournal and MySpace (both usernames are Butterflysedai). I frequent the Etsy forums and the Red chat room, send out business cards with every order and I also do The Sampler (http://www.homeofthesampler.com) when I can.


If you would like to be a featured seller on my blog please contact me at AddictedToArt.etsy.com .

No comments: