Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm Dyeing Here

My Aunt gave me a whole bunch of white wool roving. All I know is that it's wool, I don't know what sort. I spun some up with the intention of dyeing it and then plying it.


The above is 4 skeins ready to dye.


The above is 2 skeins dyed pink. I used Rit Dye from the pharmacy. I will be getting proper dye eventually when I am in a better financial situation.

I have two more skeins to dye, and will be dyeing those sapphire blue. I will share pics when they are done.


The above is some of the roving from knittydirtygirl spun up. I plyed it with rayon machine embroidery thread. The yarn is beautiful and soft. It is available for purchase through my Etsy shop.

Speaking of my Etsy shop, I have some exciting plans in the works. I won't share yet, but keep your eye out for exciting new products. :D

No comments: