Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Very Important Announcement

A few posts ago I hinted at something exciting that would be happening with my Etsy shop. Well, here's the details.

I am no longer able to sew because of my back. I have a bad back and leaning over makes it worse. So, no more sewing for me, unless I can find a way to set up my machine that is going to eliminate the pain I currently get.

Subsequently, I have been looking for things I can do to generate some cash flow for myself. At the moment I am unable to work because of my back and other issues. I will be going to rehab starting this week for my back, and hopefully they can help me with my chronic depression as well.

Anyway, that's one reason why I've gone back to spinning and knitting. I can sit and do that with little or no pain.

And here's the exciting bit, I have started making soaps and lip balms as well. These are items I can sell locally as well as through my Etsy shop.

I have listed the lip balm in my Etsy shop already. The available flavour is "caramel/vanilla", and it's very caramelly. Pic is below. These are also available in tubes. I am still working on labels for these so I haven't listed them yet.


I will be adding a range of soaps in the next few days. They take longer to set than lip balm does. Scents for soaps will include lavender and citrus at this stage. This range will be expanded as I can afford it, as will the range of lip balm flavours.

I will continue to add to my range of yarns as well. I'm enjoying this. I hope you enjoy what I am creating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Johoanna! You are Spirito Di ZNE today!

http://www.ZNESpirit.com

EnjoY!

esta sketch said...

Hey aussie! i'm so sorry to hear about the sewing situation - i've had to give up a much beloved hobby due to pain in my wrist [them bones are temperamental things huh]. i hope you can find a way to get back to it soon though <3


while i'm at it, you're tagged! (sorry!) check my blog for details.

Zu said...

Good luck with your new creations. I hope it pays off for you and that your back gets better. I know from experience that back pain is not a joke! :-)

(http://www.hobbyzu.com
http://hobbyzu.etsy.com)