Saturday, December 23, 2006

How Much Do I Heart Etsy?

Etsy has become one of my favourite online hang-outs. There are a lot of great artists there and I find so much inspiration just from browsing the different categories.

So, in tribute to Etsy I made this felted ACEO to tell the world how I feel.

The whole thing is done on a piece of pink felt. I've added red, orange and purple fibers and dry felted them onto the pink felt. I then added the purple felt and felted that on too. I didn't want my person to be naked.

I added the beads and charms and whip stitched the whole thing to a piece of yellow felt.

I'm very happy with this piece. It's currently for sale in my Etsy shop.


This piece was done for a collaborative charm necklace project that I am heading up on Etsy. This is the charm I made.

It's a felted piece on purple felt, with beads. I sewed a piece of purple fabric to the back to hide the stitching.

This will not be for sale for some time. It is going to America where it will be incorporated into a necklace. Then the necklace is being sent to Belle Armoire for possible publication. Once the necklace has returned home it will be put up for sale on Etsy with all the proceeds going to charity.

I had lots of fun making this charm. I was up at 7am this morning working on it in my jammies cause I had the idea running around in my head.

And this is really how I feel about Etsy. It's a wonderful community of sellers who support and help each other. If you have any doubts, just go look at Etsy for yourself.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Love your Etsy 'person' card. Fun to experiment isn't it :)