Friday, December 22, 2006

New Textile Art

I finally relegated my inner critic to the corner and had some fun yesterday with some textile stuff I've been wanting to do.

This piece is called "New Beginnings". It's based on Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." It's 4" x 4".

I'm extremely happy with how it turned out.

It's done on a base of purple felt and timtex. It is free motion stitched using verigated cotton thread. I've added some dyed silk waste and free motioned over that as well. I then beaded the piece.

The back is a piece of purple felt and I stitched the layers together using a satin stitch using the same verigated cotton thread.

It's a really yummy looking piece. I've added it to my Etsy shop and I'm hoping it will sell quickly.

No comments: